Each year, leaving from Baltimore’s Washington Monument in the early morning, on bicycles, an eager and anxious group of riders has snaked their way along quiet roads and paths arriving in another city, Washington, DC. Staring up at that city’s Washington Monument, it can feel as if you’ve been transported somehow into another place and time. After a meal and a return ride, you’ll arrive back in Baltimore feeling you’ve completed a long, challenging journey. Well done.
• The Ride: a 92 mile roundtrip single day bike ride from Baltimore to Washington, DC
• Date/Time: Sunday, May 6th, 2012. Meet Up at 7:45AM. Push Off at 8:10AM (prompt)
• Start: Baltimore Washington Monument
• Cue Sheets/Map/GPS: (coming soon)
• Costs: None. Bring cash for lunch and snacks. We will stop & re-group every 25 miles.
• Assistance/Sag: None, except help from fellow riders. Have a way of getting home if nec.
• Awards/Medals: None, other than bragging rights when you get home.
• Ride Reports from 2011: RandoRamble BikesNcoffee
This will be the 5th year of the Monument to Monument tour. If you currently ride several times per week, have a good-working, good-fitting bicycle and have experienced 40+ mile rides, with a little preparation this month… YOU CAN COMPLETE M2M
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT THIS RIDE EMAIL ME @ email@example.com or comment here.