Our next Ramble will be Sunday, January 13th: The Pancake Interception.
During the winter months the Union Bridge Fire House offers a public breakfast on 2nd Sundays of the month. That’s where we’re headed.
To those new to the Rambles:
1. This is a 100 mile, cold weather ride with ample climbing. Please ride with us only if you are experienced and properly prepared.
2. Assume you will be riding some part of this in darkness. Bring strong, reliable lighting.
3. This ride has several 1-2 mile sections of hard-packed, unpaved road on it.
To those familiar with the Rambles, there are some important changes:
1. We will be heading out 30 minutes earlier at 7:30AM
2. Bring $7 cash for the breakfast. (note: this is the only place to get food in town)
3. Breakfast is at mile 44. I may, or may not stop briefly at the Highs at mile 21.
The Pancake Intercept is a good cold weather ride. The 7200′ of climbing will keep us warm and the wooded roads should keep us sheltered from cold breezes. I’m planning on a slow and steady pace, hoping to get all the way to Union Bridge without a break. The first section after breakfast is also long- 35 miles. If we can get through these two parts without any issues, we’ll be able to get home before darkness. The first half of the route contains a small change since last year, but still has all of Sam’s Creek Rd, one of the nicest riding roads in 5 counties. The second half of the route is significantly different from 2011, but has a great flow to it. I think we’ll have a lot of fun.
- Date/Time- Sunday, January 13th. 7:15 meet up. 7:30 push off.
- Start- Mt. Washington Starbucks HERE
- Cue sheet- PANCAKE INTERCEPTION
- GPS files/Map- RWGPSPANCAKE
- 99 miles. 7200′ of climbing.
- 2010 RIDE REPORT
Print your own cue or email me and I’ll bring a copy for you. I’m happy to help routing if you want a shortcut or want to pick up the ride after the start. Questions?