I doubt we’ll have that weather this Sunday (it snowed), but be ready for the rugged and wondrous. Point to Point is one of the oldest Rambles (along with Monument to Monument). I did some tweaking this year, but it’s basically the same. We start at Fort McHenry (Locust Point) and then ride generally NE to visit 11 more peninsulas along the western Chesapeake shore.
This ride has scenery that is unlike any other Ramble- it will hopefully give you a sense of the deep commercial history of Baltimore, but the roads can be rough and/or trafficky. The good news is that there is very little climbing and we always stick together so, if you’re reasonably prepared, you’re as good as gold. Point to Point is a very good first century AND it’s a great way to give yourself a spring check-out for Monument to Monument next month on May 5th.
Bring the details, Bob:
- Date/Time- Sunday, April 7th 7:45 meet up. 8AM push off
- Start- Fort McHenry(front gate) MAP
- Cue sheet- Point to Point cue
- GPS files/Map- Point to point MAP
- 98 miles. 2200′ of climbing.
- Ride reports: BikesN Coffee 2011 or RandoRamble2009