Thanks for the new header pic. From the photos I took at the start, I’m guessing we had about 55 leave from Mt. Vernon. And, there had to have been at least another 15 who joined us along the way.
That’s a lot. A lot of riders who rode a lot of miles; on slick carbon bikes and classic steel, with sneakers and baggy shorts or racing kits, snacking on gels or on cheap beer, guided by GPS or paper or nothing at all, riding alone or in bike clubs, with decades of experience or only a few weeks, with fitness to spare or just enough to finish; chatting, smiling and helping each other ride a long way home. Very cool.
I encourage all of you to keep up the momentum. Don’t make this the only Ramble you ride this year. We have adventures on bikes all year round.
If you have pics, ride reports or links to other public sites, please share them here
• My pics: M2M2013
• DC Rand riders, Mary & Ed bumped into our ride along the Nat’l Mall HERE
• several riders were using the hash tag #bikem2m yesterday on twitter
• One of the riders from the DC start group took pics flickr
• some nice shots on MeetUp Biking in Bmore
• PJ’s pics: M2Mflickr
• DC rider, rootchopper’s account on his blog and his pics on flickr
• Dave’s blog BikesN Coffee and flickr pics
• Emily’s blog HERE
• PortaJohn’s blog. A great ride report. Here