I’ve got at least 20 Ramble century routes to pick from now, but I still find myself drawing a blank on what to schedule for upcoming rides. It’s a good thing though. It gives me the impulse to make up new rides. I’ve recently been using a fun tool called GPS Visualizer. It allows me to overlay several GPS tracks so I can see how much overlap there is from one ride to another in a particular area. For this Ramble, I overlayed two rides I didn’t really like much (ISO Liberty & Taneytown Intercept) picking the best sections of each. I then overlayed that route with three rides I do still like (Pancake Intercept, Four Reservoirs and Gettysburg) tweaking it to avoid some of the roads from those rides. Voila, new route: The New Windsor Spring Fling
This one spends all of it’s time in Baltimore and Carroll counties making it a hilly one. But hey, now’s the time of year for the big rides. And, when was the last time you saw a cue sheet with all these animal names on it: Dogwood, Buffalo, Hawks Hill, Deer Park and Thoroughbred lane? Pretty cool, eh?
• Date: Sunday, July 7th. 7:50 meetup. 8:10 push off.
• Start: Rawlings Conservatory at Druid Hill/MD Zoo MAP
• Cue Sheet: New Windsor Spring Fling CUE SHEET
• Map/GPS files: New Windsor MAP/GPS
• Ride Report: the closest thing to this ride is ISO Liberty 2011 RIDE REPORT