The Monument to Monument ride is a great time: ride from your home city to a neighboring city under your own power and be back home in time for dinner and a beer.
BUT, it’s not the only ride like that. Next month on June 8th, I’ve scheduled the ride to Chesapeake Beach. The first time I rode it, I’d never even been to Chesapeake Beach. I just wanted to see what it was like down there and I knew I could get there on my bike. After many years of improvements, the ride to Ches Beach is perhaps the 2nd most popular Ramble. And, in July, we’ll ride a long one to see the battlefields of Gettysburg, another destination I’d never been to until I tried it on my bike. It’s really amazing how far you can go when you spend a whole day on your bike. Look at the ride reports section for all the places we’ve been before. Hope to see you on a future single-day bike adventure.
FIVE MORE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW FOR SUNDAY’S M2M
- a bike lock is generally not needed. there will be many riders to guard your bike
- if you have a bike bell, bring it. we’ll be riding many miles on the DC trail system
- print yourself a cue sheet. see the links in the previous post
- bring a ziplock baggy to store things in case of rain or excessive sweat
- if you’re tweeting, instagraming, etc. use #bikem2m