I have decided to offer two M2M’s this year. I plan to ride this Sunday,
AND, I AM SCHEDULING THE RIDE AGAIN FOR LATER THIS SUMMER
I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching about the ride this weekend. The Ramble has always been a “find a way, make it happen” endeavor for me. The best rides can teach me things I wouldn’t have learned without them. I’m sure that riding my bike out of Baltimore this Sunday will affect me more than the bumps and traffic lights can. It will undoubtedly be colored by the pains and tensions Baltimore is experiencing now. There’s no avoiding that.
At the same time, I love that the Monument to Monument ride is much bigger than me and my sappy feelings. I understand that the hundreds who’ve ridden M2M over the years had a wide range of feelings and goals for their day in the saddle. This year, I expect many people are not looking to ride their bike through a city that’s under a lot of stress. A reasonable move would be to reschedule.
So, my split interests decided to schedule it twice this year.
To those who would rather ride under more favorable situations you’ve got another option: work on your bike, work on your legs and lungs and come on out for another M2M at the end of August/beginning of September.
Those who’re interested in riding this Sunday:
Details are below, but understand that if conditions in the city change for the worse, I may cancel. Check the blog again before you leave.
- Date/Time: Sunday, May 3rd, 2015. Meet at 7:45AM. Leave PROMPTLY at 8:10AM
- Start Location: Baltimore Washington Monument
- Map/GPS: M2M Map/GPS (click “export” in upper right for GPS files)
- Cue Sheets: M2M CueSheet (print one for yourself or ask me to print one for you)
- Cost: None. Bring $ for lunch and snacks at local businesses
- Assistance/Sag: None. (except help from fellow riders)
- YOU RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- READ THIS BEFORE RIDING M2M