The 2nd installment of the Monument to Monument ride this year is Sunday Sept. 6th.
Most of you reading this know the ride well enough: a fun, sociable, roundtrip bike ride between Baltimore’s Washington Monument and DC’s Washington Monument. Lots of friendly riders and lots of scenic miles.
If you don’t know the ride then here’s pics of the 1st installment in May.
- Date/Time: Sunday, Sept., 6th 2015. Meet at 7:45AM. Leave PROMPTLY at 8:10AM
- Start Location: Baltimore Washington Monument
- Map/GPS: M2M Map/GPS (click “export” in upper right for GPS files)
- Cue Sheets: M2M CueSheet (print one for yourself or ask me to print one for you)
- Cost: None. Bring $ for lunch and snacks at local businesses
- Assistance/Sag: None. (except help from fellow riders)
- YOU RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- READ THIS BEFORE RIDING M2M
WHAT’S THE RIDE LIKE? M2M is a little of everything. There will be fast and slow riders, skinny and fat tire bikes, racers and bike party people. Last year there were over 75 riders. We ride a steady average pace of about 13MPH. There are some hills, but none more strenuous than a long ride through Baltimore. The roads to DC are as safe as riding in Baltimore. Most of the route is surprisingly scenic and the DC trail system is very relaxing. We’ll stop 3 times: a break at the 25 mile point, a lunch at Union Station in DC and a break at the 75 mile point. I will bring cue sheets, but mostly you will be following ride leaders. The main reasons why riders are unable to finish M2M are: crashes due to inattention, not having the fitness and experience for riding a century, and bike mechanical breakdowns. Be prepared.