The next Ramble, Olde Roads, is happening next Sunday.
Uncharacteristically, we begin out in the county in Manchester, MD. The route is a rough, hilly, beautiful tour of “unimproved” roadways in York, Adams and Carroll counties. It’s short for us (75mi.), but when I say hilly, I mean it. We’ll climb nearly 100ft. per mile on at times, loose rocky surfaces. The Rambles always have a easy pace, but you’ll still need the stamina to haul yourself up those grades.
Do not be deterred however. This ride is worth the struggle and we’ll wait for you to enjoy it. I mean, look at this pic from Dave’s recent version of the ride:
Lunch is in Glen Rock, PA at Mignano Bros. You’ll definitely want a bike with minimum width of 32mm tires and low gearing for climbs. Be sure everything on the bike is tight or it’ll rattle loose on this route. Ask questions if you’ve got ’em.
- Olde Roads 74 mi., 7400ft.
- Date/Time: Sunday, October 11th. 8:15AM meet-up. 8:30 exit
- Start: North Carroll Plaza in Manchester STARTMAP
- Route Map (click EXPORT for GPS files): ROUTEMAP
- Cue Sheet (print one, or ask me to bring an extra): CUESHEET