Believe it or not, it’s that time of year again: Monument to Monument time.
This year’s ride will be on Sunday May 1st.
M2M is a 97 mile round-trip single day ride from Baltimore to Washington on lightly trafficked roads. We keep it slow and steady, enjoying the company of fellow riders and the excitement of arriving in another city by bike.
- Date/Time: Sunday, May 1st 2016. Meet at 7:45AM. Leave PROMPTLY at 8:10AM
- Start Location: Baltimore Washington Monument
- Map/GPS: M2M Map/GPS (click “export” in upper right for GPS)
- Cue Sheets: M2M CueSheet
- Cost: None. Bring $ for lunch and snacks at local businesses
- Assistance/Sag: None. (except help from fellow riders)
- YOU RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK
WHAT’S THE RIDE LIKE? M2M is a little of everything. There will be fast and slow riders, skinny and fat tire bikes, racers and bike party people. Last year there were over 75 riders. We ride a steady average pace of about 13MPH. There are some hills, but none more strenuous than a long ride through Baltimore. The roads to DC are as safe as riding in Baltimore. Most of the route is surprisingly scenic and the DC trail system is very relaxing. We’ll stop 3 times: a break at the 25 mile point, a lunch at Union Station in DC and a break at the 75 mile point. I will bring cue sheets, but mostly you will be following ride leaders. The main reasons why riders are unable to finish M2M are: crashes due to inattention, not having the fitness and experience for riding a century, and bike mechanical breakdowns. Be prepared. IMPORTANT! READ THIS BEFORE RIDING M2M