- Wear a helmet.
- Use good working lights
- Concentrate on the road around you as you ride
- Respect drivers, pedestrians and road laws
- Communicate your movements to other riders.
- Point out hazards & help out other riders.
- YOU RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK
HOW TO BE READY FOR THIS RIDE:
Choose a comfortable, familiar bike. Take it to your favorite bike shop and have them fix and adjust all the things that annoy you about it. Consider mounting a new set of flat resistant tires. Check the weather the day before the ride and chose appropriate clothing. Have your bike, clothing and supplies ready the night before. Pack a cell phone and have a plan to get home in case you’re unable to finish.
- If you have a bike bell, bring it. We’ll be riding many miles on the DC trail system.
- Print yourself a cue sheet or get one from Bob the morning of the ride.
- Bike locks are generally not needed.
- Bring a couple ziplock baggies to store things in case of rain or excessive sweat
- Keep your break time (off the bike) as short as possible
- Tweet, Instagram, etc. to #bikem2m
WHAT IS NOT IMPORTANT:
- Riding fast or finishing in a certain amount of time
- Thinking you’ll get left behind
- Blowing thru intersections to keep up
- Pace lines